This service agreement is between Aria Tan, CEO, Resplendent Media (“Artist”) and “Client” (you) for the purpose of designing and creating a book cover (eBook and/or Print) (“Work” or “Book”) entered on (date of purchase).
By purchasing a custom cover from Resplendent Media, you are saying that you have read and agree to the terms of this agreement.
Your customer information will not be shared to any third party and remain confidential. Your financial and payment details are wholly managed and stored by PayPal, not by me.
Payment & Deposit
The Client agrees to pay Artist all sums due via PayPal. Full payment must be made in order to secure your spot, and for work to begin.
Cover Design Services
- Ebook packages include a front cover design created under standard ebook specifications from major marketplaces. Print book packages include the back and spine designs along with the ebook standard inclusions. Client is responsible for sending Artist all required information related to the printer’s specifications.
- High quality, high resolution, upload ready, print ready (if applicable) JPG and PDF of the cover.
- A smaller, lower resolution JPG image of the cover for marketing purposes provided upon request.
- Artist provides all stock photos used in the book cover design. Stock photos are sourced from a variety of providers, including DepositPhotos, Shutterstock, iStock Photos, and Period Images. If Client has specific image requests that fall outside of the normal parameters, additional charges may apply.
- Client may provide custom photographer shots and/or self-purchased stock photography at 300 DPI, with a minimum length of 2100 pixels.
- The Artist declares she has obtained all proper rights or licenses for all images used in creation of the Work. Each stock photo used is limited to print run of 500, 000 units. Additional licensing fees may apply for print runs over 500, 000 units.
- On receipt of final payment, the Artist will transfer copyright of the Work to the Client.
- Artist retains the right to include the Work in her online portfolio or business promotion.
- Client understands that he/she has no right to alter the Final Cover Designs in any way except to change their sizes for printing or digital display. If the Client desires any alterations, he/she will consult the Artist first, who will be allowed the first option to make alterations when possible. The Client does understand that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
- Artist acknowledges she does not own or have right or title to the Book containing the Work, nor to receive any royalties on Book(s) sold, or derivative works containing the Work.
Work For Hire
Designer is an independent contractor and any work done for the Client will be on a “work-for-hire” basis and not as Client’s employee.
Mockups and Revisions
- The Artist will provide Client with a book design mockup(s) on the agreed upon date. After Client receives the initial mockup(s), Client may either accept the Work as is or request revisions.
- Revisions are limited to: typography, text placement, colour tones.
- Client may request up to the total number of revisions according to the the package purchased.
- Additional mockups will incur a charge of $50 each.
- Once Client has approved of a book cover mockup, only minor text revisions will be included and no refunds will be granted.
- Full balance must be paid upon approval.
- Any and all revisions requested after 30 days of Client accepting the final version of the book cover design will incur additional charges billed at USD $40 per hour with a one hour minimum.
Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by Artist. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before ordering any print promotional materials using the book cover design. At no time will Artist be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
Refunds, Cancellations, and Kill Fees
- Client or Artist may cancel this agreement at any time by providing written notice to the other party. If either Client or Artist cancels a project before work has started, neither Client nor Artist is under further obligation to the other, and this contract will be considered cancelled.
- If Client should stop or cancel a book cover design job once it has started, Client agrees to forfeit their full payment (“kill fee”). This is to cover expenses and time taken during the project up to the point of cancellation. The client will have no rights to any mockups sent to the client and agrees to destroy them. In the event that the Client does not destroy any mockups (considered to be the intellectual and physical property of the Artist), the Client acknowledges that legal action may be taken.